Saturday, April 21, 2018

CST 438 Week 8

CST 438 Week 8

This course was very informative as to the design process of larger scale projects as a software engineer. The agile and waterfall processes were explored. The course emphasized the importance of communication and quality of product throughout the development cycle. It was discovered that there are many design patterns utilized by software engineers and I feel that I have just touched the surface of this. Implementing design patterns is a skill that only gets better with more practice. We were also able to explore the importance of continuous testing throughout the design process. A good piece of code has high cohesion with low coupling. Also as has been drilled in me throughout my studies, detailed commenting is essential to be a successful software engineer and part of a larger team. I enjoyed working with the team on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment