Tuesday, October 4, 2016

CST 300 Week 5

CST 300 Week 5

Part 1


Part 2

3 Possible Capstone Ideas
1. Design and develop a computer game
2. Create an emergency contact website that authorities may use to quickly contact designated family
3. Develop instant messaging/ email application in which the user's draw messages to each other

Part 3

I found the tips for creating a youtube video not particularly helpful. This is not because it was not put together in a good manner but rather that I have found youtube to be intuitive and did not need a tutorial to figure out how to use it. This may be helpful to others who may have never done video editing before or struggle with the concept.
The information regarding internships was informative. It gave me some tips that I was unaware of and helped me to think if an internship is write for me. It would be hard to give up my current job for an internship now as I have a well paying job that supports my family; however, one closer to graduation may be beneficial as it can help me to get a foot in the door of the industry.
I also found the information for graduate school good but at this time I do not see myself attending graduate school as it may put a burden on my family. I did briefly look at SMU Guildhall which is a grad school in Computer Science for game development. The program looks fantastic but I just don't think I could attend grad school and not work at this time. Perhaps things will change 2 years from now.
The explanation regarding inference and assumptions was quite succint. An inference is an interpretation of an assumption. It also gave some insight on how to think critically by examining personal assumptions and infering ideas around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment